Wayside is responsible for maintaining and protecting personal information about you in our care or control. We have designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for compliance with our policies.
We sometimes use outside companies, called third parties, to help us provide the product or service you request. Regardless of the location of these third parties, Wayside requires these third parties to comply with Canadian privacy legislation and Wayside’s Privacy Principles. Certain third parties may be located in the United States and therefore may also be subject to US legislation.
You have a right to know how your information will be used. We will explain why we need your information before or when we collect it, if the purpose is not already clear. We will assume that the purpose is clearly identified when we use your personal information to:
- Fulfill your product or service request.
- Process your payment, including recurring payments when you request them.
- Update you as to the status of your order.
- Alert you to important product revisions or updates.
- Ensure that you are properly registered to receive technical support for certain products.
Wayside may use your personal information for secondary purposes such as:
- Telling you about special discounts or offers on Wayside upgrades or new products and services.
- Inviting you to participate in customer surveys or other opinion-gathering devices.
- Providing you with special offers from other companies made available to Wayside customers.
- Telling you about educational events, such as training seminars, conferences and online training sessions.
Aggregate data is general information about groups of customers, and does not identify individual customers. Wayside may combine your information with that of other individuals to create aggregate data which we will use to improve our products and services and develop new ones. For example, we may tell a third party how many people purchased a certain product, but not that you personally purchased a specific item.
Wayside will not disclose your personal information to any third parties without your consent, except under the following limited circumstances:
- As is reasonably required to fulfill your service or product requirements, provided such third parties shall be bound to appropriate privacy requirements.
- To comply with a legal process such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, court order or law enforcement request.
- To resolve a contractual dispute regarding your use of an Intuit product, service or related account, or if your account may be involved in illegal activities.
- To protect the personal safety of other users or members of the public in an emergency.
Wayside will only collect, use and disclose your personal information with your knowledge and consent, except where permitted or as required by law. Wayside will not rent, sell, or otherwise distribute your personal information without your permission. Your consent to use your personal information will be implied for the following purposes:
- Fulfilling your product or service request.
- Updating you as to the status of your order.
- Alerting you to important product revisions or updates.
- Ensuring that you are properly registered to receive technical support for certain products.
You control any future secondary use of your personal information, such as sharing it with marketers. You can prevent future secondary use of your information by “opting out” when Wayside collects your information or at any time by simply contacting us. Opting out only applies to the secondary purposes because we may need to contact you regarding the usability of your product or alert you of important product revisions or updates.
Attention: Privacy Officer
3304 – 33rd Street
Vernon, BC V1T 5T2
Please note that if you are posting personal information on an online community, this information is publicly available and Wayside has no further obligations to maintain the privacy of that information.
Wayside will only collect personal information for the purposes we’ve identified or for the primary uses as we’ve described above. We will always do this fairly and legally. There are several ways we’ll collect information:
- Through the purchase of products or services.
- Through registrations of purchased products, services or technical support.
- Through completed Wayside rebate or coupon certificates that are filled out and mailed in.
- Through requests for information.
- From third parties who you authorized to share such information.
Whenever we ask for information that is not required for us to provide the product or service you requested, we will mark those questions appropriately as optional.
With or without cookies, our Web sites track usage data, such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring Web site (if any) and other parameters in the URL. We use this data to better understand Web site usage in the aggregate so that we know what areas of our Web site users prefer. This information is stored in log files and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting. This log information is not linked to personal information gathered elsewhere on the site.
Wayside websites may include links to co-sponsor websites that will lead you off of our website. Wayside does not control these parties, and you should review their privacy policies to learn more about what, why and how they collect and use personal information.
Our co-branded sites are clearly identified by both an Wayside and a third-party logo. Wayside’s Web sites may provide links to third-party Web sites, such as those of online advertisers and companies which have been carefully screened by Wayside. On these sites, third-parties and Wayside may collect information about you. Wayside is not responsible for the actions of these third-parties, and Wayside’s collection of personal information is in accordance with our privacy practices. We encourage you to review their privacy policies to learn more about how they collect, use and share personal information.
Collection as a Third Party Provider
Wayside often works as a 3rd party provider of website technology. In this instance, our partners in the project must follow and abide by all of our privacy regulations and standards. Any information stored on our servers on their behalf is held under security measures and is only accessible by the party that has employed our services so long as they agree to uphold our standards and to comply to the Canadian privacy legislation.
We will never contact or share your information with anyone unless specifically stated that all parties have access to your information.
Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
Wayside will not use or disclose your personal information other than for the purposes for which it was collected, with the exception of receiving your consent or as permitted or required by law. When providing information in response to a legal inquiry or order, we will verify its validity and only disclose information that is legally required.
Wayside will keep personal information only as long as necessary for the identified purposes or as required by law. Wayside will follow internally set guidelines and use care in the disposal, destruction, or de-identification of personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to personal information.
Wayside will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the identified purposes for which it was collected. We encourage you to let us know if your contact information changes.
To change your privacy preferences and personal information, please contact wayside using the information above.
This policy is an overview of information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information. Any changes or modifications to our privacy practices will be posted in this policy for 30 days before they take effect. We will not make retroactive changes to the practices associated with your personal information without your consent.
Subject to exceptions as permitted or mandated by law and subject to your written request for such information, Wayside will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to that information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information and have it amended as appropriate.